help with RU patch for EU server

User avatar
benmaru
NOOB
NOOB
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 2017.04.21, 13:22
Honor: 0
Points: 25.30

help with RU patch for EU server

Postby benmaru » Mon 2017.05.01, 18:05

greetings to all

Since last maintenance on EU\NA servers old languagedata.xlsm is no longer used by EU/NA client and the way to create an old patch does not work. So, Kami posted an updated Launcher to solve that issue here, which can help to make working patch for EU server and please many Russian players playing on EU\NA. But I don't understand how to do that :(

I ask for your help, if possible, on the steps that need to be taken with new files (EU\NA) and old (RU)

Thank you very much
Best regards

Online
User avatar
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal
Posts: 2352
Joined: Thu 1998.01.01, 00:00
Honor: 3087
Points: 2423439754.90
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
Gender: Male
Karma: 神風
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17
Contact:

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby KAMIKADzE » Mon 2017.05.01, 20:23

benmaru wrote:greetings to all

Since last maintenance on EU\NA servers old languagedata.xlsm is no longer used by EU/NA client and the way to create an old patch does not work. So, Kami posted an updated Launcher to solve that issue here, which can help to make working patch for EU server and please many Russian players playing on EU\NA. But I don't understand how to do that :(

I ask for your help, if possible, on the steps that need to be taken with new files (EU\NA) and old (RU)

Thank you very much
Best regards

At this point in time Launcher has no built-in converter between old and new format. There are multiple approaches with which you can go, but neither of them is fully-automated, all of them will require manual interaction to some extent. In that post I've given examples of few approaches. I will not recommend any of those before the others, because IDK which one will be the easiest and fastest one. In the new format there are less tables with unified scheme, so devs basically have copypasted some of the tables, others were split, etc. etc.
Probably I will eventually create some converter, but in order to do that I'll need to walk through all of the tables, noting the easiest way to convert each of those and then combine all of that in some sort of converter. As you might have guessed - all of that takes time, and I don't have a lot of that one, so I have no idea when I'll start working on it.



User avatar
benmaru
NOOB
NOOB
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 2017.04.21, 13:22
Honor: 0
Points: 25.30

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby benmaru » Tue 2017.05.02, 18:47

I understand that there is no automation of the merge old and new (txt) formats, so I need to do the following

1. convert languagedata.xml and languagedata_ru.xml to xml
2. merge languagedata.xml as base with languagedata_ru.xml as translation using merge data
3. convert new languagedata_en.txt to xml
4. In any way bring them to the same mind
5. merge them (languagedata_en.xml as base and result of step 2 as translation) after step 4 using merge data v2
6. convert result file back to txt format
7. put it in ..\prestringtable\en?
and what files now need to be in "en" folder - languagedata_en.txt, stringtable_cutscene_en.xlsm, stringtable_en.xlsm, symbolnostringtable_en.xlsm or others?

Or am I completely wrong? *THINK*

thank you

Online
User avatar
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal
Posts: 2352
Joined: Thu 1998.01.01, 00:00
Honor: 3087
Points: 2423439754.90
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
Gender: Male
Karma: 神風
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17
Contact:

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby KAMIKADzE » Tue 2017.05.02, 20:00

benmaru wrote:I understand that there is no automation of the merge old and new (txt) formats, so I need to do the following

1. convert languagedata.xml and languagedata_ru.xml to xml
2. merge languagedata.xml as base with languagedata_ru.xml as translation using merge data
3. convert new languagedata_en.txt to xml
4. In any way bring them to the same mind
5. merge them (languagedata_en.xml as base and result of step 2 as translation) after step 4 using merge data v2
6. convert result file back to txt format
7. put it in ..\prestringtable\en?
and what files now need to be in "en" folder - languagedata_en.txt, stringtable_cutscene_en.xlsm, stringtable_en.xlsm, symbolnostringtable_en.xlsm or others?

Or am I completely wrong? *THINK*

thank you

From step 1 to 6 is one of the approaches that you could take.
Step 7 is wrong. You'll need to put languagedata.txt in stringtable\en and force it into the meta.
As far as I know (from volunteers) - TW and EU/NA no longer utilize any of the xlsm files, as instead they use only languagedata.txt, so probably languagedata.txt has all of the translational text used by the game.



User avatar
CarlitoxVp
NOOB
NOOB
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 2017.05.02, 15:27
Honor: 0
Points: 24.10

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby CarlitoxVp » Wed 2017.05.03, 07:31

After the last update, they hurt the Spanish community, not being able to translate the game into Spanish, now with this method, It works perfectly. While working manually copying the translated texts to the new .txt.

You saved us many, kami, thank you very much for the program and the support. The new patch system in the EU, how safe is it? Can we be banned for using this forced method?

Thank you. Excuse my English.

Online
User avatar
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal
Posts: 2352
Joined: Thu 1998.01.01, 00:00
Honor: 3087
Points: 2423439754.90
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
Gender: Male
Karma: 神風
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17
Contact:

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.05.03, 10:34

CarlitoxVp wrote:After the last update, they hurt the Spanish community, not being able to translate the game into Spanish, now with this method, It works perfectly. While working manually copying the translated texts to the new .txt.

You saved us many, kami, thank you very much for the program and the support. The new patch system in the EU, how safe is it? Can we be banned for using this forced method?

Thank you. Excuse my English.

FAQ #34 & 35 (shortly - you can, but most likely it won't happen).



User avatar
benmaru
NOOB
NOOB
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 2017.04.21, 13:22
Honor: 0
Points: 25.30

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby benmaru » Wed 2017.05.03, 16:16

KAMIKADzE wrote:From step 1 to 6 is one of the approaches that you could take.
Step 7 is wrong. You'll need to put languagedata.txt in stringtable\en and force it into the meta.
As far as I know (from volunteers) - TW and EU/NA no longer utilize any of the xlsm files, as instead they use only languagedata.txt, so probably languagedata.txt has all of the translational text used by the game.



I see. So for EU now no need anymore stringtable_cutscene_en, stringtable_en, symbolnostringtable_en xlsms files at all?

thank you

Online
User avatar
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
KAMIKADzE
Infernal
Infernal
Posts: 2352
Joined: Thu 1998.01.01, 00:00
Honor: 3087
Points: 2423439754.90
BDO: Blader
Cabal: BL
Vindictus: Lann
C9: Blade Dancer
Gender: Male
Karma: 神風
: Assassin Black Star Winged Devotion Dedication Heavy 1st 20 HR BDO JP Volunteer BDO KR Translator BDO JP Translator BDO RU Translator Black Spirit inside Black Spirit's Partner
Medals: 17
Contact:

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby KAMIKADzE » Wed 2017.05.03, 17:10

benmaru wrote:I see. So for EU now no need anymore stringtable_cutscene_en, stringtable_en, symbolnostringtable_en xlsms files at all?

Correct. Other files (questmon, filter, etc.) are still used by the game, so they should be working just like they did previously.
At least that's^ what volunteers say.



User avatar
benmaru
NOOB
NOOB
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 2017.04.21, 13:22
Honor: 0
Points: 25.30

Re: help with RU patch for EU server

Postby benmaru » Wed 2017.05.03, 19:12

ok. thank you. I will look for a way to successfully merge languagedata files.

you can close the topic


Return to “BDO Patcher”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest